We are a boutique stationery design and letterpress printing studio specialising in the wedding industry. With growing demand, we are delighted to be expanding our small business with the need for a passionate and highly creative graphic designer.
Based in Melbourne’s Bayside, we’re seeking a graphic designer to work directly with the founder/creative director Bec on a permanent part time basis – 2 days per week on a 6 month contract with the opportunity to grow to a full time positition.
About the role:
As a graphic designer at Ivory and Stone you will be responsible for creating inspiring designs for specialty print, using the finest materials sourced from around the world. Keeping in-line with our signature minimal-luxe aesthetic, you will be expected to maintain our exceptional standard of outputs and attention to detail. You will be liaising with customers and suppliers and uphold our reputation for superior and friendly service.
- Genuine interest in design. An interest in weddings, fashion and interior design would be desirable.
- Superior attention to detail and highly organized
- Takes constructive criticism with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic and friendly nature
- Works autonomously and uses own initiative when unsupervised
- Reliable and professional
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Confident to present new ideas while also being honest to say when they need help
- Create design proofs for client orders in a timely manner
- Customer service and supplier liaison
- Output artwork for print, including preparing files for letterpress plate-making and digital printing
- Maintain and update online store and product images
- Develop design concepts for new collections
- Pack orders and run errands
- Organise samples for photoshoots
- Administration duties including processing orders through Shopify & Dubsado
Desirable experience and skillset
- Graphic design qualification and minimum of 3 years relevant experience in graphic design and finished artwork
- High level of competence in Adobe CC & Mac OSX a must
- Exceptional understanding of typography and colour
- Knowledge of different paper stocks and printing methods
- Basic understanding of Microsoft office programs
- Experience in managing artwork to production and liaising with suppliers
- Experience designing for letterpress and specialty print methods preferred but not essential
- Social media & digital marketing experience highly advantageous
- Experience in Shopify and Dubsado advantageous
Benefits & Salary:
- Wage will be based on experience.
- Hours: Permanent part time - 2 days per week on a 6 month contract, with the opportunity for the role to grow.
- We will require you to work from our Bayside (Hampton) location. Some work can be done offsite on a needs basis.
- Opportunity to learn and grow into a permanent role.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to Bec at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we will only contact shortlisted candidates. Applicants will only be considered with an online portfolio with their resume.